These looked so delicious that I had to add them here. I found several different links to these 'shrooms, so I unfortunately have no idea who originated these. If I find out, I will certainly post the credit!
- 16 even-sized open cup mushrooms, stalks cut level
- 3 tbsp corn, vegetable, or olive oil; your choice. (I'd try olive oil first.. these mushrooms sound as though they were meant for olive oil!)
- 1/4 c unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped very finely
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 c fresh breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6.
- Lightly fry the mushrooms, cap-side down, in hot oil for 20 seconds.
- Arrange the mushrooms in a shallow roasting tin with the stalks facing upwards.
- Mix together the butter, garlic, thyme, lemon juice and seasoning.
- Spoon a little garlic butter on to each mushroom, then lightly press the breadcrumbs on top.
- Either refrigerate for later use, or cook immediately in the oven for 10 minutes.
These sound so easy and, as I love mushrooms, I can't wait to try them. I wonder how they would taste with just a touch of wine mixed in with the butter/garlic mix...And why not onion? So many possibilities... Hmmm....